Thousend times thanks!


To all the followers of the blog, to anyone who has been supportive of Frank or us in the last months and especially after his untimely death we want to say thanks from the bottom of our hearts. In the week after his passing we received so much warmth, stories, care and love, hardly describable. To us it was a very precious and valuable week and it was so good to have Frank at home where so many of his friends could visit him. And all the help, stories and info shared in that week led to a beautiful goodbye ceremony on a beautiful sunny autumn day. For those of you who could not attend, or those of you who wish to reread the funeral speeches, we publice them here (in dutch and english) with some pictures in grateful memory of, and tributed to Frank.We will miss him dearly, thanks for being with him and with us, one way or another,

On behalf of my family and his closest friends, Esther

Foto's Frank

woensdag 25 mei 2011

SMK here we come....let's TEWT

This afternoon I received a phonecall that Frank is being expected in de St. Maartenskliniek (from now on SMK) coming tuesday at 10.30!! So it is movementday again. Frank is looking forward to it, he feels he is not improving in the situation right now and that pisses him off and makes him impatient. He was very lively tonight and he showed much more interest in other things than just the TV. He also had some requests and informed about the Ipad status (I think it will be there within a week). So initiative seems to start to return too and that is very very good, he'll need it to work towards his goals. During our visit the nurse came in and gave frank a postcard in an envelope, and like if he had done it all his life this way, he opened it with one hand, took it out with the help off his lips, and read it, I didn't have to help him in any way, so he starts to look like the one-armed-bandit. What keeps him occupied right now is the question to what extent his personality is affected by the stroke. He senses that things are different but is figuring out in what way. To me he looks and behaves very much like my oldest brother Frank, his humor, his wit, his critical and rational thinking, it is all there. I told him I experienced him sometimes a little bit affectless (afgevlakt) and I observe some difficulty with multitasking. And of course his physical disabilities. But to me he still is very much Frank the way I know him.
Andre came in some time after, and we had a very animated conversation about wargames. Frank told me that I had to blog the following "we muttered about our favorite game systems". And that was exactly what it was. Andre giving a setup and Frank making the detailed points. And they learned me something about the fun of wargames and about megagames. It is so nice to see how actively Frank engages when he can expess his knowledge and interest in the things that really matter to him. I even know now what a TEWT is (technical exercise without troops).
Well I'll expect that Frank will receive lot's of TEWT the coming weeks/months with change of the word "without" in "with", Frank doing the technical exercises, us being cheering troops.
As soon as I know more detailed information about location, room number and other contact stuff I'll post it on the blog.
So much for tonight, all the best
Esther

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten