Thousend times thanks!


To all the followers of the blog, to anyone who has been supportive of Frank or us in the last months and especially after his untimely death we want to say thanks from the bottom of our hearts. In the week after his passing we received so much warmth, stories, care and love, hardly describable. To us it was a very precious and valuable week and it was so good to have Frank at home where so many of his friends could visit him. And all the help, stories and info shared in that week led to a beautiful goodbye ceremony on a beautiful sunny autumn day. For those of you who could not attend, or those of you who wish to reread the funeral speeches, we publice them here (in dutch and english) with some pictures in grateful memory of, and tributed to Frank.We will miss him dearly, thanks for being with him and with us, one way or another,

On behalf of my family and his closest friends, Esther

Foto's Frank

dinsdag 17 mei 2011

Pyamaday

It's funny how you start noticing all kinds of small details, when the big picture doesn't change very much: there was a cup of water on his table with hardly any thickening stuff, he works the remote control of the TV much more efficiently, he took initiative to play a game with me and asked how I was (with sincere interest) which was for me for the first time since the stroke. Frank was in a good mood when I came today, he told me that he had a pyamaday since he didn't feel like getting up. He said the he had physical therapy in bed and told that he had completed some psychological tests on color blindness, don't know what that kind of test is. Frank commented that they would probably find out that he's a lunatic, and on my question why he thought so he replied, "because of all that i've been through". I reassured him that he was anything but a lunatic, that his thinking was quite logical and he recognized that his memory was still intact. "They call me from the liberation museum when they need some sort of information and it is still all there" so I felt that's comforting for him.
I had my Ipad with me and was able to show Frank quite some blogentries, which he really liked reading. He automatically worked with the Ipad, I can't wait for his one to arrive. I really hope that it will give Frank more communication possibilities and ways to influence his own life in the way he wants.
All of a sudden Frank said, "now I want to go to sleep", then he puts his bed in horizontal position, puts his right arm behind his head, (very familiar relaxed gesture typical for Frank) puts on his earphones and a nice DVD (in this case B5) and starts watching TV. So much for sleep....! Esther you can go now ;-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten