Thousend times thanks!


To all the followers of the blog, to anyone who has been supportive of Frank or us in the last months and especially after his untimely death we want to say thanks from the bottom of our hearts. In the week after his passing we received so much warmth, stories, care and love, hardly describable. To us it was a very precious and valuable week and it was so good to have Frank at home where so many of his friends could visit him. And all the help, stories and info shared in that week led to a beautiful goodbye ceremony on a beautiful sunny autumn day. For those of you who could not attend, or those of you who wish to reread the funeral speeches, we publice them here (in dutch and english) with some pictures in grateful memory of, and tributed to Frank.We will miss him dearly, thanks for being with him and with us, one way or another,

On behalf of my family and his closest friends, Esther

Foto's Frank

woensdag 14 september 2011

TV good, TV bad

Yesterday evening was interesting on T.V. AT 21.00 hrs there was James May's Toy Stories on Discovery, all abot model trains> James wanted to build a midel railway fromBarnstaple to Bridepor and almost succeeeded. To me it was another bout of nostalgia, as I started off with model railways before going on to kits. In all honesty, the most beautiful and impressive model railway I ever saw was the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg(thanks for the tio, Sef!), This m.orning all there was was that dreary RTL koffietijd, withh thoseoild tarts Loretta Schrijver et al. There also was a soi-disant painter and some goodwill ambassadors of charity. all in all, my mood changed, I felt myself echoing the words ofthe papal legate at the siege ofToulouse:"caedite eos. novit enimDominusqui sun"teius". loosely trandlated:"Kill them all, lrt God sortém out".I got so sick of RTL I turned to JabBlokker's"Het Vooroudergevoel". I blogged about this before: it is a very well written book and it is a joy tonread. I can hearitly recommend it to all my readers.

greetings from Kalorama

historical Frankie

5 opmerkingen:

  1. JanBlokker reminds me very much of "Van Nul totNu", ahistory of thr Netherlands in comic books, which was eminently readable as well.

    The Bookworm

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh, I see, you have read Barbara Tuchman's Stilqell and the American experieience in China!Check out BBC tonight:PLanet Dinosaur!Frank

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Planet Sinosaur, 21.30hrs, BBC 1
    fRANK

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Haven't read it, sorry. I got the expression from you ;-)

    Walter

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen