Thousend times thanks!


To all the followers of the blog, to anyone who has been supportive of Frank or us in the last months and especially after his untimely death we want to say thanks from the bottom of our hearts. In the week after his passing we received so much warmth, stories, care and love, hardly describable. To us it was a very precious and valuable week and it was so good to have Frank at home where so many of his friends could visit him. And all the help, stories and info shared in that week led to a beautiful goodbye ceremony on a beautiful sunny autumn day. For those of you who could not attend, or those of you who wish to reread the funeral speeches, we publice them here (in dutch and english) with some pictures in grateful memory of, and tributed to Frank.We will miss him dearly, thanks for being with him and with us, one way or another,

On behalf of my family and his closest friends, Esther

Foto's Frank

maandag 19 september 2011

Arnhem Sunday

Yesterday Esther took me and Rense to OOsterbeek to attend the wreathlaying at the Ai Despatch Memorial. It was wonderful. I was dwlighted to see so many people of the Air Despatch Association again, and the wrethlaying went really well. Ronald vanMaanen had taken ovwe my duties as "compere"and did so really well.
Evn better, at times during the sevice I was able to stand up and even walk a few steps, with the support o Esther and Rense.
All in all, I returned to Kalorama, much happier. The fact that theAir Despatch association and the lads of 47 Air Despatch Squadron are thinking of me is a terrific morale boost for this week. it also rubbed my nise in an old fact:"You're gonna reap just what you sow (Lou Reed, A perfect day)". THis day gave me a great feeling of empowerment and I cherisheverybody who helped to make itpossible.Thank you.

Greetings to all my readers

Frank

2 opmerkingen:

  1. here is the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y
    Enjoy!
    Frank

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. on theway to the service we were able to pick up my good friend Alan Hartley, from Doen Ampney. It was really good to see Alan again!

    Frank

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen