Thousend times thanks!


To all the followers of the blog, to anyone who has been supportive of Frank or us in the last months and especially after his untimely death we want to say thanks from the bottom of our hearts. In the week after his passing we received so much warmth, stories, care and love, hardly describable. To us it was a very precious and valuable week and it was so good to have Frank at home where so many of his friends could visit him. And all the help, stories and info shared in that week led to a beautiful goodbye ceremony on a beautiful sunny autumn day. For those of you who could not attend, or those of you who wish to reread the funeral speeches, we publice them here (in dutch and english) with some pictures in grateful memory of, and tributed to Frank.We will miss him dearly, thanks for being with him and with us, one way or another,

On behalf of my family and his closest friends, Esther

Foto's Frank

maandag 26 september 2011

suriname memories

Morememories of my stay inParamaribo:Our nrighbours across the street with their own private zoo. it ncluded a "tapijtslang", the most economical pet I've ever seen.a few dead rats per month and it was content. i remember going into the bush with neighbour boys and coming out welll stung by every mosquito for miles.I remember the wreck of the German freighteer Gotha, which the crew sank in May 1940.I also remember playing in Fort Zeelandia, where Boutrse had his opponents shot many years later I fondly rememberan escaped turtle by the-ide of the road abd a/swimming teacher who was so strong he could lift us kids over his head and throw us in the pool. We loved that!. I retain many fond memories of that land....
Dad warning us not to get any scraped off ice cream("Thypoid on a stick" were his2ords). Andbgoing inland. My sweet sister Esther, having seen too many Tarzan films, trying out a vine to sling from, andcrashing to the ground with twenty yards of vine!

very nostalgic Fra k

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Heheh. There's nothing more fun than telling embarassing anecdotes about siblings. Esther, time to return the favour I think! Knowing Frank you should have a few juicy ones...

    De Zaag (chortling in anticipation)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. naughty, naughty, Zaagje! stop making naughty suggestions. One more thing I picked up over there is a fondness of the local soft drink, Fernandes. Now it turns out you can find it in virtually any supermarket over here. Just a taste and I am back in Suriname. Beautiful country.

    Frank

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Fernandes... Yech. I remember that from when I lived in the Bijlmermeer. I had one sip and all my fillings spontaneously detached themselves.

    Zaag

    PS that's two posts in a row almost without tyopes. Are you learning patience, grasshopper?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Tyopes = typoes. (Technically of course it's only one typo. Oh well...)

    Zaag

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen