Thousend times thanks!


To all the followers of the blog, to anyone who has been supportive of Frank or us in the last months and especially after his untimely death we want to say thanks from the bottom of our hearts. In the week after his passing we received so much warmth, stories, care and love, hardly describable. To us it was a very precious and valuable week and it was so good to have Frank at home where so many of his friends could visit him. And all the help, stories and info shared in that week led to a beautiful goodbye ceremony on a beautiful sunny autumn day. For those of you who could not attend, or those of you who wish to reread the funeral speeches, we publice them here (in dutch and english) with some pictures in grateful memory of, and tributed to Frank.We will miss him dearly, thanks for being with him and with us, one way or another,

On behalf of my family and his closest friends, Esther

Foto's Frank

maandag 3 oktober 2011

Yesterday

On Sunday, Mathieu came by at 24.00 hrs to pick me up forCasus Belli. It was great to be back at the club agaib=n, and play. Twice I played king of Tokyo, a game about epic movie monsters fighting ech other in downtown Tokyo (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/70323/king-of-tokyo). I was eliminated twicwe(curse you, Atomic Bunny and Gigasaur!).But all in all, I had a ggood time.
The game reminded me a lot of S.P.I's Creature thst ate Sheboygan and Oh no, there goes Tokyo!( http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/14410/oh-no-there-goes-tokyo) a print and play game you can find on Boardgamegeek.
yesterday evening I watched the Slavery again. it again reminded me of Suriname, and this time a not very nice memory.InParamaribo I saw some old wooden barracks, that were used as a retirement home. There were vultures sitting on the roof.Ttheyw ere waiting for the food to come out before swooping down and making off with the meat. I imagined they were feasting on the residents. As a "memento mori"they were really horrifying to this young boy! Another funny memory: When I came toParamaribi I also brought loads of homework from shool(not nice). I needed a school notebook for that, so I ambled down the street to the local Chinese Toko. These sell anything you need. Since the owner's Dutch was ceap and my chinese not much better (it hasn't improved sicw, Tense!)I was reduced to hands- and-feet explanation.I thought I was successful, but when I got homeI found out that I had gotten a notebook for making sums! So back I went and more hsn- and foot work follwed before I finally got what I needed.
One last memory: When our stay was over we flew back and I arrived at Schihol at about 23.000 hrs on a cold February night till in tropical shorts and t-shirt. It was effing cold and we still had a long way to go to Nijmegen.

Enough for now
Greetings from
OLd Colonial Frankie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten