Thousend times thanks!


To all the followers of the blog, to anyone who has been supportive of Frank or us in the last months and especially after his untimely death we want to say thanks from the bottom of our hearts. In the week after his passing we received so much warmth, stories, care and love, hardly describable. To us it was a very precious and valuable week and it was so good to have Frank at home where so many of his friends could visit him. And all the help, stories and info shared in that week led to a beautiful goodbye ceremony on a beautiful sunny autumn day. For those of you who could not attend, or those of you who wish to reread the funeral speeches, we publice them here (in dutch and english) with some pictures in grateful memory of, and tributed to Frank.We will miss him dearly, thanks for being with him and with us, one way or another,

On behalf of my family and his closest friends, Esther

Foto's Frank

woensdag 15 juni 2011

Boot camp

Before I tell you what's been going on here, I would like to adress comments on my last blog.
NO, Walter, I do not get breast-fed (Groans of dismay). Furthermore I skip the stage of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours". That is not necessary since the poor nurses have already had the time to inspect everything!
Oh, Mathieu, this morning I learned that your "remedial training" includes potty training. This morning I had an accident..... a full diaper.....It reminds me of the boardgame "Timewar" in which you could get a task like "insuring Sigmund Freud is not potty train.ed until the age of three". I think there is a task of insuring Frank is not potty trained until three weeks at the SMK!
I regularly have to pee. If I cannot they get a catheter. That is a thin plastic tube the width of a straw they insert up my penis to empty the bladder. That bloody hurts! Like I am pissing liquid fire. I always am glad when it is over. Pissing liquid fire is something for combat engineers so AS-fans take note!

Lying in my bed I watch telly a lot, and I notice that it is rather female-dominated (like my life). Whatever you turn on, there is an ad for something girlish and pink, and it is all talk about emotions. I do not like that. I like factual information.
It also means I am much fussed over by the poor nurses and therapists. Honestly, their dedication is impressive, to say the least.
If there is a way they can restore me to normality, they'll find it. It will be a hard slog, but it is worth it.
Would you believe the original title of this blog was " The invasion of the friendly girl-things"?
Greetings from Frank

1 opmerking:

  1. Catheters don't sound particularly friendly to me! And having had some personal experience with those awful things from the female point of view, I find boot camp a much better title...

    On the feminine dominated tv programs... maybe you are not watching the right channel? It seems to me that brinkie can always find a channel with hardrock music, "mega machines" or some war documentary..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen