Thousend times thanks!


To all the followers of the blog, to anyone who has been supportive of Frank or us in the last months and especially after his untimely death we want to say thanks from the bottom of our hearts. In the week after his passing we received so much warmth, stories, care and love, hardly describable. To us it was a very precious and valuable week and it was so good to have Frank at home where so many of his friends could visit him. And all the help, stories and info shared in that week led to a beautiful goodbye ceremony on a beautiful sunny autumn day. For those of you who could not attend, or those of you who wish to reread the funeral speeches, we publice them here (in dutch and english) with some pictures in grateful memory of, and tributed to Frank.We will miss him dearly, thanks for being with him and with us, one way or another,

On behalf of my family and his closest friends, Esther

Foto's Frank

zaterdag 9 april 2011

How many friends does Frank have anyway......?

When I arrived today, Frank was asleep, he greeted me upon arrival but immediatly fell asleep afterwards. The caretaker of today told me that he'd been in a chair for half an hour and that he was pretty tired afterwards. I arrived almost together with Andre, Rense and Franks mother and when I left I ran into Matthieu and Walter. We talked a bit how many people Frank knows and by how many people Frank is known. And Matthieu told a very funny story (which shows a perfect analogy to Frank) about Jopie (read Frank), a guy who's always bragging that he knows everybody. Eventually his boss, fed up with it, says I'm going to Rome next week, you will come with me and we'll check whether you even know the pope. So they arrive at st peters square and jopie says, "ok I'm going up to see the pope". So he goes up and stands on the balcony next to the pope, waving to his boss, when he sees his boss suddenly faint, so he runs downstairs, kneels besides his boss and says "I told you I knew the pope, so why the fainting?", on which the boss replies, It was not the shock of you being up there, but there were two man behind me who asked, "hé, who is the guy in the white robe next to jopie?" and this is what is so characteristic for Frank, he always knows somebody somewhere and such a lot of people know him (and he doesn't need bragging), we all want him to come back so badly, but his way is so unforseen and difficult. let's hope that he can mobilise energy and motivation to recover. It's very hard for him.
Personally I had a rough day today, I went shopping for Frank, pyama's, tv-remote control, radio worldreceiver, well none of it worked. The cloth were to be delivered during week days (you have to bring them in persoon to tag them), the world radio didn't give us BBC world service (frank's favourite) in spite of Andre's and Rense's trying, and the tv remote control did everything only the two most important buttons (volume, channel) didn't work, so I was pretty pissed off at the end of the day.
Another issue to be adressed are the visiting times; the nurse of today suggested that we should work out some sort of schedule. For instance three visiting times per day, with max. two persons at a time. Frank still needs a lot of rest. So I'm going to try to work out somerhing and hope to find a way to share it through the blog. Who wants to visit Frank on a regular basis? Can you send me your name and preferred visiting time/day. For intermittent visits (not on a regular basis) there is always time.
I suppose three time slots 10.30-11.30, 14.30-15.30 and 19.00-20.00 every day would do. Therapy or treatment always has priority, but I don't have any information on his treatment schedule (that will become more clear in the coming weeks). Of course if the situation changes arrangements can change.
Well for someone who sleeps most off the day, he keeps me pretty busy, hadn't anything to do anyway.......;-) but we do it with lot's of love for Frank
That's it for today folks
Goodnight Esther

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten