Thousend times thanks!


To all the followers of the blog, to anyone who has been supportive of Frank or us in the last months and especially after his untimely death we want to say thanks from the bottom of our hearts. In the week after his passing we received so much warmth, stories, care and love, hardly describable. To us it was a very precious and valuable week and it was so good to have Frank at home where so many of his friends could visit him. And all the help, stories and info shared in that week led to a beautiful goodbye ceremony on a beautiful sunny autumn day. For those of you who could not attend, or those of you who wish to reread the funeral speeches, we publice them here (in dutch and english) with some pictures in grateful memory of, and tributed to Frank.We will miss him dearly, thanks for being with him and with us, one way or another,

On behalf of my family and his closest friends, Esther

Foto's Frank

dinsdag 30 augustus 2011

Yesterday'BBCyesterday eveningbthe

Yesterdaybevening BBC 1 suprised me with a special in the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. It was stunningly beautiful. There were so many bands. The highlightdswere the Dutch Trompetterkorps Bereden Wapens, disguised as the band of the Regiment Wielrijders in the thirties.I was especially impressed with the pipes, drums and band of the Brasilian Fusileiros Navais (Marine Corps) who went sambaing with their bsgpiprs. a sight to see, indeed. Then I watched The Far Pavillions and went to sleep, dreaming of books and wargames I long for, but which are still in my flat. Drat!!I long to share all my books with my good friends. Already I have given quite a bit away, and more await. One rhing, though. Last weekend Walter Zaagman remarked that all I have done is turb the Frankish Sucession Wars into the Frankish Successor Wars. My good friends will fight amongst each other for who gets2what. This was never my intention.. I just want to see my friends and others happy! I am looking for the best way to do this. With regard to the Airborne Walk, I am looking forward to it and bring a booklet witg ltyrics of wrong songs to sing along the way.like, for example, "Leprosy", sung to "yesterday by the Beatles."Leproy, I'm not half the man I usrd to br, Little bits keep falling off of me, Oh, Leprosy came suddenly".
it looks like we'll have a lot of naughty fun on Saturday....

Frank who is busy working on new stuff for Marleen.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. "My good friends will fight amongst each other for who gets2what. This was never my intention.. I just want to see my friends and others happy!"

    Frank, when we get to fight each other we ARE happy! It may not have been your intention, but not all unintended consequences are necessarily bad.

    De Zaag

    PS I'll bring a bigger bag next time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hoi Zaag, I am looking forward to your next visit
    The Bookworm

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Walter,

    It alsways has been the intention of Frank that we should fight each other (and have fun). Why else did Frank start a war game club?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen